The following is a brief summary of the rules and regulations that you need to follow to avoid receiving a Traffic Infringement Notice:
- DO NOT PARK IN THE SWIMMING POOL CAR PARK. This area is specifically for pool users only and is their PRIVATE PROPERTY.
- 2 MINUTE ZONE – This is a Kiss & Drop Zone. Drivers are not permitted to leave their vehicle. If you park and leave your vehicle, it prevents other drivers from pulling in and dropping off their children.
- DO NOT PARK in No Standing Areas around the school. These are signed to ensure that traffic can flow through the car park and the safety of our students is protected. Children exiting and boarding cars in No Standing areas are putting themselves at high risk as other drivers don’t expect this to happen.
- DO NOT PARK in the Disabled Parking Bays unless you have the appropriate permits to do so.
- DO NOT PARK or DROP OFF children in the Loading Zone. This is the curved parking area at the end of the entrance road.
- DO NOT PARK ON GRASSED AREAS. Vehicles parking / driving on the grassed areas are often not expected by pedestrians.
- Travel at an appropriate speed through the car park. Maximum speed in the Car Park area is 20kmph. The maximum speed on roads around the school is 40kmph.
- STOP at the Pedestrian Crossings when someone is crossing the road.
- DO NOT PARK in NO STANDING ZONES at the back of the school. If you are collecting or dropping off children in this area, please park responsibly. The local residents in the area have made numerous calls to the school and Hume City Council about vehicles parking over driveways, on nature strips etc.
Suggestions to assist with parking:
- Encourage children to walk or ride to school.
- The Bike Compound is locked during the day.
- Try and arrive earlier in the morning.
- On nice days, leave the car at home and walk.
- Park in the side streets and walk a short distance to the school.
REMEMBER that all of these rules have been put in place to ensure the safety of our students. It would be very upsetting if a child was hurt because of the inappropriate driving or parking of a small minority of our community who can’t be patient and wait for others to move.